Wow time flies when your having fun! Can you believe the summer is almost over? Well there’s still time to apply for scholarships for the upcoming fall. Here is the list of applications with August deadlines.
Internal Stony Brook Scholarships:
- Linda and Richard Gelfond Scholarship for Continuing Students: Deadline 8/15/2017
- Continuing Stony Brook students need to have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 with strong leadership skills. The application does require an essay about leadership roles, activities you’ve been involved in, activities at Stony Brook that have allowed you to play a leadership role and letters of recommendation. Continuing student applications can be found at the link.
Neumann & Associates LLC Scholarship: Deadline 8/15/17
- Award amount $1,000. Are you thinking about pursuing your career in Business then this scholarship is for you. In 500 words submit a response on ” What it Takes to be Successful in Business”. You need to have a GPA of 3.0 and should have taken some business courses to apply. Visit the site for more information.
The Levin Firm Scholarship: Deadline 8/15/17
- Award amount $1,000. This scholarship is designed to help students who are having hardship paying the cost of attending college or graduate school. You write an 500+ word essay on ” What actions can individuals take in order to reduce distractions while driving?”. Please visit the website for more information and how to apply.
The Crescent Electric Sustainability Scholarship: Deadline 8/09/17
- Award amount $1,000. This scholarship is meant to help a highly motivated student who can thoughtfully share a photo of their effort to minimize energy usage on social media. Using Hashtag #CEscholarship. For more details see the website.
Student Loan Hero Scholarship: Deadline 8/15/17
- Award amount $1,000. Student Loan Hero helps to organize, manage and repay your student loans providing 2 scholarships every year. You must submit a sort essay 500 or less answering “What Financial challenges have you overcome growing up ? ” or ” How will receiving this scholarship help you achieve your future financial goals? “. Check out the website for full details.
Creative Biolabs Scholarship Program: Deadline 8/15/17
- Award amount $1,000. Are you interested in research and higher education in the medical and science related field? Creative Bio labs is happy to support young and ambitious talents in the field. Applicants must major in a science related field. and submit a 600 words essay on new/potential technology or anything related to Biomedical Engineering. For more detail information check out the website.
Mesothelioma.net Scholarship: Deadline 8/15/17
- Award amount $2,000. Have you had any personal experience living with cancer or watching a loved one battle cancer. If so then this scholarships is to help one deserving student who meet his or her academic goals. Student must submit a 500 – 800 word essay detailing your personal experience with cancer. Visit the website for requirements and submission details.
EverSpark Autism Awareness Scholarship: Deadline 8/30/17
- Award amount $1,000. Do you believe strongly in creating a world where higher education is accessible to everyone and where conditions like autism are not a barrier to success. If so then apply this scholarship. To apply, the student must have a minimum of 2.6 GPA and submit a video essay of less than 2 minutes. Check out the link for application and more details.
OEDb Graduate Scholarships: Deadline 8/15/17
- Award amount: (Varies) This organization wants to help student on his or her journey through graduate school. To apply, student must gave a bachelors degree from an accredited institution and must have some volunteer experience related to scholarship. Head over to the website for other requirements and instructions.
BrokeScholar Scholarship Opportunity: Deadline: 8/31/2017
- Award amount $1,000. This giveaway scholarship is designed to save college students as much money as possible along their journey for higher education. To apply, the student must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA and then tweet or post a picture on Instagram of your idea with the hashtag #BrokeScholar. Head over to the website for other requirements and instructions.
UKIES Innovative Women’s Scholarship: Deadline: 8/31/2017:
- Award amount $2,000. Do you consider yourself a women innovator and have you solved others problems using various innovative methods? Apply this scholarship if you think you are innovative. The student must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA and also submit a 500-1000 words essay. Visit the website for requirements and submission details.
Single Parent Scholarship: Deadline 8/31/17
- Award amount $1,000. Are you a single parent ? If so then this scholarship is for you. To apply, the student must submit a 400-500 word essay on “How will you use your education to improve your family?” and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Check out the link for application and more details.
*External scholarships are not affiliated with Stony Brook University. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services compiles this resource list for convenience only. We cannot attest to the validity of these external scholarships. Always use caution when disclosing personal information.