Hey Seawolves! Summer is here! Sorry for the delay in posting our monthly scholarship list. Better late than never, right? Take a look below for applications due before the month is over. We’ve got two Stony Brook scholarships available! Be sure to click the name of the scholarship for details.
Internal Stony Brook Scholarships:
Linda and Richard Gelfond Scholarship (incoming freshman): Deadline 6/30/17
- High achieving high school students with a minimum CUM GPA of 92 and who have displayed leadership roles in activities and/or organizations while in high school and/or in your community. Please see the application for details. Applicants need to include at least one letter of support that refers to the leadership roles you describe in your essay.
S-STEM ASSETS (transfer students): Deadline 6/30/17
- Students must be a Community College transfer student who has completed an AA or AS Degree. Students must be enrolled in any of the majors offered within the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences or in one of the following majors: Astronomy, Biology, Biochemistry, Biormedical Engineering, Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, Engineering Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, Environmental Students, Marine Science or Marine Vertebrate Biology. Scholarship recipients will be offered the opportunity to attend a two week Math Immersion Boot-camp in the summer. Attendees will receive weekly room and board and a $500 stipend. Scholarship recipients will receive a $2,000 scholarship for their first year of attendance and $2,800 for year two.
UpNature’s Scholarship for Nursing and Medicine Students: Deadline 6/29/17
- Award amount $1,000. For students in nursing, medicine, biosciences, dentistry, or any other area related to health & medicine. Write a short essay of 500 words or less about your career aspirations and how you plan to contribute to your chosen field in the future.
RapidSeedbox’s $1,000 Scholarship for Computer Engineering Students: Deadline 6/30/17
- RapidSeedbox is motivated to help students who are dedicated to pursuing their dream to be computer engineers and help to improve the world with forward-thinking technology, therefore, we hold a $1000 merit-based scholarship twice a year for students pursuing their passions in one of the following fields: Networking, Cybersecurity, Computer Software, Machine Intelligence, Computer Graphics, Artificial Intelligence. See website for additional details.
L. Ron Hubbard’s Writers of the Future Contest: Deadline 6/30/17
- L. Ron Hubbard’s Writers of the Future Contest is an opportunity for new and amateur writers of new short stories or novelettes of science fiction or fantasy. No entry fee is required. Entrants retain all publication rights. All awards are adjudicated by professional writers only. Prizes every three months: $1,000, $750, $500, Annual Grand Prize: $5,000 additional!
Physicians Group Management Scholarship Program: Deadline 6/30/17
- Two $1,500 awards are available for the 2017-2018 year. Undergraduate students must be entering college in Fall 2017 and be pursuing a career related to computer science. Graduate students must be entering or already established in an accredited medical school. See the website for details.
AMS, MAA, SIAM Frank and Brennie Morgan Prize for Outstanding Research in Mathemtaics by an Undergraduate Student: Deadline 6/30/17
- Prize amount is $1,200 and a certificate. Students can submit a self-nomination for the award. See website for details on how to submit your entry.
Compare Cards Scholarship Trivia Question: Deadline 6/30/17
- If you’re good at trivia, check this one out! Award amount $2,500. See website for details.
Bike Challenge Scholarship Program: Deadline 6/30/17
- Award amount $1,000. Attention cycling enthusiasts, if you think cycling should be an important part of ones life, you should take a look at this scholarship. You need a letter of recommendation, so don’t wait until the last minute to apply.
EGC Women in Law Scholarship: Deadline 6/30/17
- Award amount $1,500. Eisenberg Gilchrist & Cutt Attorneys at Law are offering a scholarship to women interested in pursuing an career in law. The scholarship will be awarded based on merit, need and commitment to helping others. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
GoodCall Scholarship: Deadline 6/30/17
- Award amount $2,500. Write a 400-500 word essay about a great decision you’ve made in your life: What information did you rely on? What decision did you make? How did you know it was the right choice? See website for application details.
Dealhack’s Annual Community Volunteer Scholarship: Deadline 6/30/17
- Award amount $1,500. Dealhack believes that volunteer involvement is an integral part of a strong and prosperous community. To encourage this value, they decided to reward a college or university student who demonstrates outstanding volunteer involvement in their community. See website for details.
*External scholarships are not affiliated with Stony Brook University. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services compiles this resource list for convenience only. We cannot attest to the validity of these external scholarships. Always use caution when disclosing personal information.