Memorial Day is a day to remember those who have fought and died for our country. They put their lives on the line so that we could enjoy the freedoms that we have and probably take for granted.
This Memorial Day, everyone should take a step back and really be thankful for everything that they have and can enjoy because someone who you didn’t even know decided to protect our country to their last breath. Being thankful is not just reserved for certain religions or for Thanksgiving. Every single person has something for which to be thankful. Possibly your health, maybe a loved one. It could really be anything, even if it’s simply a stranger complementing your outfit or your new haircut. Whatever it may be, know that most likely one of the reasons why you are able to enjoy that is because someone fought and died for you to keep those freedoms.
That being said, do remember to relax, enjoy some time with your family and friends at your Memorial Day party, and possibly do some shopping this weekend. That’s where we come in. We will be providing you with some ideas for your party as well as some great Memorial Day deals!
First, we’ll start with the deals. They’re not necessarily going to be the most flashy items, but there are some good deals for the products that you often use. Therefore, instead of providing the items themselves, we will be providing some websites with good Memorial Day deals.
- Amazon.com. For practically any holiday, Amazon provides some deals that are definitely worth looking into. Again, they are not the most flashy items, but they are the items that you may not think about often but use regularly. For instance, through Amazon, you can get an Etekcity Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale for about $16. As with any holiday, you’ll most likely have left-over food, so you’ll need some storage containers for it. Through Amazon, you can get Rubbermaid’s 42-piece Easy Find Lid Food Storage Containers to hold all of those left-overs. Lastly, through Amazon, you can get a Roku Streaming Stick so that you can watch TV shows and movies, once the sun has gone down, and you’re all done for the day. These are just a few of the many items with Memorial Day savings.
- Best Buy. Best Buy has some really flashy, bigger items, such as TV’s, laptops, tablets, etc. So, if you’re in the market for one of these items, and Best Buy is your go-to store, then hopefully we can help out. Best Buy is offering a Samsung – Galaxy Tab E for $200. In addition, Best Buy is offering a Samsung – Streaming Wi-Fi Built-in Blu-ray Player for $70. Lastly, Best Buy is offering an Insignia – Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer for $130. These may seem expensive, but for these items, these prices are pretty good.
- Walmart. As is relatively well-known, Walmart sells pretty much everything. So, we’re sure we can help you find something that you’ll like. Walmart is offering Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic for $10. In addition, Walmart is offering a Logitech Wireless Mouse for $15. Lastly, Walmart is offering a 2, 6 inch Insten HDMI 1080p Cables for $3 for those times when you want to possibly hook up your computer to your TV to look at some photos during the holidays with friends and family.
- Uniqlo. For Memorial Day, Uniqlo is putting out “Under $10”, “Under $15”, and “Under $20” promotions for some of their women’s clothing, which is awesome for people who need to buy some new clothes but don’t want to spend an immense amount of money doing so. There’re a lot of tank tops and sunglasses in the “Under $10” section. There’re some hoodies and shorts in the “Under $15” section. And, there are sleeveless shirts and more hoodies in the “Under $20” section. This is a really good idea if you’re looking for some very plain, solid-colored clothing that is versatile and will be good for the Summer.
- Musician’s Friend. If you’re a musician, then you know the struggle of getting quality equipment for cheap. Sometimes it feels practically impossible. Well, this Memorial Day, you should definitely check out some of the deals from Musician’s Friend. They are offering a Pearl M-80 Snare Drum for $50. In addition, Musician’s Friend is offering a Casio CDP-130 Digital Piano for $300, which might seem like a lot of money, but, again, for music equipment, it’s a pretty good deal. Lastly, Musician’s Friend is offering Evans American Upgrade Pack with ProMark 5A Sticks Standard for $70. If you’re a drummer, then you know how frequently drumheads should be replaced, and how expensive it can be to replace them on a regular basis. So, if you’re a musician, definitely take advantage of these deals while you can!
These are just a few of many Memorial Day deals, mostly in the technology area. We implore you to check out the websites listed above as well as others for the best prices. There’s plenty out there, but it takes a savvy shopper to find the best deals! But, before we wrap things up, we want to give you some ideas for your Memorial Day party to make it unique.
- American Flag Mason Jars from Maison de Pax. We really liked this idea. It’s simple, and it’s very inexpensive. All you need for this DIY project are some mason jars, some paint, and whatever you want to put inside! (possibly flowers) And, they are totally reusable for the 4th of July. If you want to learn more about this DIY project, then definitely check out their website.
- Tin Can Luminaries from Crafts-For-All-Seasons. If you’re a somewhat creative person, then this just might be the project for you. For this DIY project, you’ll need: empty vegetable or soup cans, water, sand, a nail, a hammer, some scrap paper, a ruler, some tape, and some paint (obviously red, white and blue if you’re going for the patriotic theme). If this sounds interesting to you, then be sure to check out their website for the process.
- Tin Can Windsocks from The-Wilson-World. Like the last idea, you’ll need some creativity, but it should be a fun process and an awesome result, if done correctly. For this project, you’ll need some empty cans, blue paint, some twine, some red and white ribbons, and some white contact paper stars cut out. By putting some holes in the bottom of the can and putting the twine through those holes, you’ll be able to hang up this DIY project for both Memorial Day and the 4th of July! Check out their website for more information about the process.
As already mentioned, the great thing about these DIY projects, is that they are great for both Memorial Day weekend and the 4th of July! In addition, the windsocks (if not wanted for patriotic holidays) can be used for something like Halloween and could be made to look like ghosts (just an idea!).
Well, that’s about it for this post, and, even though we just listed off some ideas for where to look for Memorial Day deals and some DIY projects, we really want to stress how much you should take a second to remember that Memorial Day is really about remembering and thinking about those who have fought and died protecting this great country. Everyone, at one time or another, takes our freedoms for granted. We, as a country, arrived to where we are today because of the blood, sweat, and tears of others. Don’t go this Memorial Day without thinking about that. If you see a veteran, thank them for their service.
We want to extend a big Thank You to the men and women in our armed forces!
If you have any other ideas for DIY projects or if you find any other great Memorial Day deals, please feel free to comment below! We’re always interested in what you have to say. And, as always, stay SAVVY!