Today, September 29th, 2014 is National Coffee Day. If you live on caffeine, like I do, it is truly a national holiday. I drink several cups a day and I love anything from a blonde roast to a flavored mocha caramel dark roast. Most of the time I make it at home and carry it around in a reusable thermos because I am all about saving money. If you aren’t doing that, check out our StarBUCKS post about how much your coffee is really costing you.
But today, the holy grail of coffee days, you can get coffee for FREE from several different places. We rounded up a list of the places participating in this glorious of holidays so that you can get your caffeine on. Think you can hit up every one?
- Dunkin Donuts: The DD is giving out a free medium cup of dark roast coffee today only. Starting tomorrow, through 10/5, you can buy a medium dark roast coffee for only $0.99
- McDonald’s: Get a free small cup of McCafe during breakfast hours today over at the golden arches.
- Eight O’Clock Coffee: While they don’t have physical stores, they are celebrating on Facebook. Check out their page every hour to participate in their Scratch & Win game. You can instantly win a coffee prize pack and be entered to win the grand prize which is a trip to Warner Bros. Studio in sunny Los Angeles.
- Starbucks: Not all stores are participating but many are offering free tastings of their Ethiopia blend. In addition, if you purchase a 16oz bag of Ethiopia blend you can get a tasting cup for free.
- Krispy Kreme: Lucky enough to live near a Krispy Kreme? Head over for a free 12oz coffee today
- Stony Brook Dining: SBU is, unfortunately, not offering free coffee but they are offering a discount. You can get a medium coffee for $1 in all campus dining locations, all day long.
Find a different freebie? Let us know!