Buses for Sale is awarding one college student a $1,000 scholarship. To apply, you must write a 1,000 – 1,500 essay on one of the following topics:
- U.S. cities are facing a growing transportation crisis due to a number of factors. Discuss the transportation problems that urban areas currently face and are predicted to face in the future.
- Research potential solutions to improving urban transportation in U.S. cities. Briefly discuss these solutions. Then, choose a solution you find during research, or create one yourself. Explain why you think this solution will meet U.S. cities’ current and future transportation problems.
- As you know, traditional sources of energy pose a serious threat to the future of transportation. Find two or three methods of using alternative sources of energy for transportation and explain the pros and cons of each.
- Discuss transportation issues in rural U.S. areas. How does a lack of transportation affect people’s access to healthy food, medical care, after-school activities (i.e. clubs and sports), etc.?
- While we wait for engineers to make a breakthrough in alternative fuels/energies, describe some of the ways that people can get from place to place while lessening problems like fuel consumption, traffic congestion, the effects that car exhaust and other vehicle pollutants have on the environment, etc.
The deadline for this scholarship is April 15th. To apply, or for additional information, please click here: http://bit.ly/19fhv7r
*Please note that this scholarship is not affiliated with Stony Brook University or the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services. Any questions or correspondence regarding this scholarship should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.