If you are a dedicated student, a leader in school, a volunteer, or a community minded individual, the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program is looking for you! This year, the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program will award 100 renewable scholarships of up to $25,000 per year.
In order to qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- Be high school seniors or graduates or be current undergraduate students
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico for the entire 2014–15 academic year (excluding proprietary and online schools)
- Plan to major in a specified course of study that focuses on Engineering/Technology or select Design and Business-related programs of study. See the list of eligible majors.
- Be interested in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industries
- Be U.S. citizens and have permanent residence in the United States or Puerto Rico.
Scholarship recipients are selected based on the following factors:
- Academic achievement and financial need
- Participation and leadership in community and school activities, work experience and interest in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industry
- Please note special consideration will be given to the following applicants: first-generation college, female, minority, military veteran or a dependent of military personnel.
Recipients of the 100 Buick Achievers National Scholarship will receive:
- An award of up to $25,000 per year, renewable for up to four years, and one additional year for those entering a five-year engineering program.
The actual award amount will not exceed the total cost of the student’s tuition, fees, books, supplies, required equipment, room and board and other allowable expenses, less other gift aid known at the time of application (scholarships, grants and other awards that do not have to be paid back). Awards are renewable for the given years noted above or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon maintaining a cumulative 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale), full-time enrollment and continuing to major in an eligible field of study.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
The application period is now open and will close at 5:00 p.m. EST on February 28, 2014. To apply, or for additional information and guidelines, please click here: http://bit.ly/1dVwgeM
*Please note that this scholarship is not affiliated with Stony Brook University or the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services. Any questions or correspondence regarding this scholarship should be sent to email@example.com or call 1-800-537-4180.