Peanut butter is one of my favorite things to eat – whether it’s spread over a piece of bread, on a spoon, or covered in chocolate, it always manages to put a smile on my face. One of the best things about peanut butter is that is goes along with so many things – jelly, chocolate, bananas. But there’s one combination that I always wanted to try but never got around to trying – oreos and peanut butter!
Contrary to what you might think, this duo is anything but disgusting, and it makes an awesome Christmas present. All you need is a few simple ingredients, a blender, and some mason jars!
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 cups salted peanuts
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 package of Oreos
(8) 4 oz. Mason jars
1. Place ¾ of a sleeve Oreos into a plastic bag and mash into crumbs. Set crumbs aside in bowl.
2. Pour peanuts and sugar into blender and mix as best you can. You might have to stop, and use a spoon to unstick it from the sides and remix.
3. Add oil and blend. This should cause your mixture to liquefy and become, well, peanut buttery.
4. Now, to incorporate cookie crumbs, you can either pour peanut butter mixture from blender into a large bowl and mix cookie crumbs in or you can blend the cookie crumbs in – whatever your preference. Repeat process with remaining ingredients.
5. Place peanut butter mixture into 4 oz. mason jars and gift away!
(All supplies were purchased at Stop and Shop and reflect applicable discounts)
Vegetable oil: $3.29
Your total out of pocket cost, including tax, for supplies is going to run about $21. Supplies yield approximately (8) 4 oz. jars putting the cost of each individual jar at $3. Not bad at all for some homemade deliciousness!